Home / FAQ


Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Borough’s contact information?

Mailing address: PO Box 190 Physical Address: 401 South Main Street Hatfield, PA 19440

Phone: 215-855-0781
Fax: 215-855-2075

Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm

When are the Borough’s meetings?

Borough Council – 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month at the Borough Hall – 7:30 pm
Planning Commission – Monday before the 1st Council meeting of each month – 7:00 pm
HERC – 4th Wednesday of each month – 8:00 am

What public schools do Borough children attend?

AM Kulp Elementary School
801 Cowpath Rd.
Hatfield, PA 19440

Hatfield Elementary School
1701 Fairgrounds Road
Hatfield, PA 19440

Pennfield Middle School
726 Forty Foot Road
Hatfield, PA 19440

North Penn High School
1340 Valley Forge Road
Lansdale, PA 19440

Oak Park Elementary School
500 Squirrel Lane
Lansdale, PA 19446

When does the Borough provide curbside tree branch pick up?

The Borough offers curbside chipping and disposal of branches and limbs the first Monday in May and the first Monday in October. The Public Works crew will do one sweep through every neighborhood until all is picked up.
Only tree limbs and branches up to 6″ in diameter will be chipped, and absolutely no leaves, bushes, or other debris will be accepted.

*Christmas trees will also be picked up the first 2 Monday’s of each new year*

When does the Borough provide leaf pick up?

The Borough provides leaf pick up every Monday beginning the last Monday in October through the first Monday in December. Only biodegradable paper bags will be collected. They can be purchased at the Borough Hall for $.25 each.
No plastic bags will be accepted.

Does the Borough provide trash removal service?

The Borough does not provide trash service although residents can pick up recycling bins at the Borough Office. Residents must contract with a private hauler. The following is a list of some haulers in our area:

Allied Waste Service, 215-723-0400
Waste Management, 215-257-1142
JP Mascaro & Sons, 215-721-1600
Ches-Mont Disposal, 610-584-5450
G & C Waste Services, 610-313-9710

How do I dispose of household hazardous waste products, such as old paint cans, oil, batteries, and cleaners?

There are several household hazardous waste collection days held throughout the year by Montgomery County. Please visit their website for a complete listing of dates, locations, items to collect, and other helpful recycling tips. www.wsaemc.org

I’ve heard a lot about stormwater management in the news lately. How can I find out more about it?

You can contact the Department of Environmental Protection’s (DEP) Southeast regional office at:
484-250-5970 or online at www.depweb.state.pa.us. More information is also available on our website under Stormwater Management.

Where do I vote?

The voting location for all borough residents is the Hatfield Fire House, located at 75 Market Street. Voter registration forms and absentee ballot forms are available at the Borough Hall.
For more information please call 610-278-3280.

What is the police non-emergency phone number?

Hatfield Police Department: 215-855-0903
For emergencies dial – 911

When do I need to obtain a building/zoning permit?

The Borough requires permits for, but not limited to:

  • New construction
  • Additions and structural altercations
  • Finished basements
  • Patios
  • Decks
  • Garages
  • Fences
  • Gazebos
  • Storage sheds
  • In-ground and above-ground pools

Any building permit or code enforcement related question should be directed to the Borough’s Code Enforcement Officer, 215-855-0781 ext. 8. All zoning questions should be directed to Borough’s Zoning Officer, at 215-855-0781 ext. 8.

Am I required to have my house number on the front of my house?

In conjunction with the 911 emergency telephone system, all property owners are required to have their house numbers clearly and prominently posted on the front of their house and/or mailbox. The numbers should be no less than 4″ in height, in contrasting color to the background, and preferably be reflective for greater nighttime visibility.

Help Pertaining to the Borough of Hatfield Web Site

I would like to comment on the web site. How do I do that?

All comments about the web site, including comments about the content, look, usability, etc, should be sent via e-mail to admin@hatfieldborough.com.
Who do I contact to see if I can get my business, site, organization, group, etc, added to the Hatfield Borough web site?
To inquire whether or not your organization or group affiliated with Hatfield Borough or Borough residents can be added to hatfieldborough.com, please send an e-mail to admin@hatfieldborough.com. Please include information about your group and why you think it should be added to the web site. Also, please include contact information (phone number or e-mail) of at least one individual affiliated with the group or organization.

My group, organization, or business information is already on the web site, but it has changed or is incorrect. Who do I contact to update my site information?

Please send any corrections or updates to admin@hatfieldborough.com along with contact information of one individual affiliated with the organization.

I don’t see the answer to my question on this page, what do I do now?

Send an e-mail containing your question to admin@hatfieldborough.com. If your question becomes frequently asked, the question and answer will be added to this page to the benefit of other users.