Home / History

History

In 1897 a group of local Hatfield residents decided that it was a good idea to install streetlights in what was then the town area of Hatfield Township. In 1898 a town meeting was held to get the residents opinion as to becoming a Borough. Hatfield Borough was legally incorporated in 1898. The original size of the Borough was 176 acres. Annexation of land over the years has brought the total size of the Borough to just over 400 acres (0.63 square miles).

Related Information:

  • Birth of the Borough of Hatfield
  • Hatfield Museum and Historical Society
  • Borough of Hatfield Municipal History (1898-1928)
  • Borough of Hatfield Municipal History (1930-1960)
  • Borough of Hatfield Municipal History (1962-Present)
Top